Friday, November 20, 2009

I'll be so happy, I could melt!

So, I went and saw 'Wicked' again last night and it was FABULOUS!!! Ahhhhh, Alexia Khadime and Dianna Pilkington are fantastic! I have been listening to the original Broadway version of the songs and I really wish they would release a CD featuring these two women as they blow those two Americans divas away! Dianna is so fantastically quirky, self-absorbed and whimsical as Galinda (the 'a' is silent) and Alexia brings such sweet innocence to the first act and a real soulful maturity to the second. I was so happy to have both actors perform on the two nights I went, as I was worried I would have their stand-bys. I have heard reports that Kerry, the girl who was Elphaba before Alexia was fantastic in voice but a bit wooden in performance, while Alexia is just wonderful in both regards. She just has this lovely presence about her and creates all these interesting mannerisms for Elphaba. I plan on seeing 'Wicked' when I come back to Oz and we'll see how the show fairs in comparison, I'm sure it will be great! Also, in the souvenir shop they have a shirt saying, "I love Oz". I was going to get it but couldn't justify the money.




Anyway, I love how Alexia performs 'The Wizard and I' much better than the Broadway version that is on limewire, so I have tracked down this live performance she did. I won't put up videos of the actual show performances as it will just ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet. Sigh. So sad I won't be seeing it again. Such a great night out!



This is the smallest size youtube was offering, which doesn't exactly fit in with my settings.

What else can I report... I do have a rant coming but I'll save my hostility for tomorrow, as I'm in such a good mood right now.

And life just got even better because Oprah has announced she is starting her own Oprah Winfrey Network in 2011. Hallelujah! I love Oprah. One of the best nights of my life, and this will prove what a sad and sorry individual I am, was when I took the 25th anniversary Oprah box-set up to Newcastle and sat with Sarah on her lounge for about 5 hours straight, re-living Oprah moments and scoffing our faces with Thai and chocolate pudding (not all at once of course!). I believe I'll run on, see what the end will be...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH about Oprah's news!!! And Nicole, that was one of my best nights too. SIGH.

    Meanwhile, I spent yesterday watching Oprah's episode with Ellen on youtube yesterday. So. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ellen. If I were gay it would be to her. I haven't seen the episode where Oprah is on Ellen. *runs off to search youtube*

    ReplyDelete