Okay, it is 11 at night and Im sitting in a hostel in Paris on a shitty laptop that doesnt have an apostrophe button and Im too exhausted to put punctuation into my sentences so youre all going to have to deal.
Also Im pretty sure my time runs out in 10 minutes so I have to get through three days of travelling in a short amount of time with no room for editing.
So, leaving home - a lot harder than one would think. I would be lying if I said I was over the moon to be jumping on a plane and heading to the otherside of the world. I know what youre thinking, Im crazy. I KNOW! But the mind is a funny thing and I was ready to attach myself to a pole at the airport and refuse to let go.
Thankfully I did actually get on the plane, after mum cried her eyes out and latched herself onto my arm. I was also with Sarah who is also heading over to Germany for an extended period of time, so we were going through very similar emotions. So, we spend 24 hours on Virgin Atlantic - the airline that doesnt feed you. No seriously, we had 3 meals in our 24 hour flight and I was famished! I dont have spell check s I hope that's the spelling. Oh and some shitty keesh thing that they tried to pass off as food. Shame, Mr Branson, shame.
Well we made it, met Lauren at the airport who's dad took us to their hotel so we could have a nice long shower and freshen up. Then it was off to Maccas for a decent meal and then our hostel - The Generator. I loved that hostel. We had our own room so didn't have to worry about anyone going through our stuff. A good thing when we ended up with 400 pounds each in our bags - long story, will tell it later, hoping all pans out well. INTENSE!
So we saw the British Museum, V&A gallery, Camden Markets - which are AMAZING by the way, I bought a really cool lace dress for anyone interested, wish I had spent more, had some awesome Mexican food, walked and walked to Buckingham Palace from Harrods - another really cool place with amazing food, dropped Sarah and Kristi off at Tower of London while Lauren and headed to a pub to do what we do best, drink! Did our own pub crawl the other night, the hostel had drinks going for 1 pound each the other night which was super awesome. Met up with my friend Vanessa from Physie which was great, nice to see a friendly face. She was definitely insightful in terms of moving to another country, what to expect, missing family and friends and was just a nice little pep me up when I was having so much self doubt about this whole thing.
So I shall sign off now, re-edit tomorrow and post more. I dont have any pics as I dont have my laptop on me but once I get to Berlin and get my big bag Ill upload them all for your viewing pleasure.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment